thego-slow said: Hahaha! S: A movie you want everyone to know about, T: Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings? and AD: Favourite movie ending? :D
Oh god I brought this on myself, such hard questions Annie! Thank you <3
A movie I want everyone to know about:
Hmm. I really liked Eastern Promises by David Cronenberg, which stars Viggo Mortensen. Mainly because Viggo is so perfect in it. It’s really violent and gory though so YMMV. I definitely think it’s worth watching though!
Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings:
I’m sorry, I can’t give a short answer to this one! :S I first read the LotR trilogy when I was around ten, I think?? And have reread it a couple of times. When the movies started coming out some ten years ago I was super excited and had to see them immediately. Annnd later I got into LotR fanfiction and stuff. ha Well anyway the movies have felt like a lifeline to me whenever life’s got a bit rough; I just love everything about them really. As for Harry Potter, until this spring I’d never read or watched anything HP related; I still haven’t read the books, BUT we did watch the films. I think if I’d been a bit younger when the books started coming out I would’ve been hugely into HP, as things are right now I’m not that super invested, even though I enjoyed all the films and do have an interest in the books too. SO, my answer has to be Lord of the Rings.
Favourite movie ending:
Oh goodness. I’m really bad at remembering movie endings/beginnings unless I’ve watched the movie a gazillion times (I’m usually a bit better with books for some reason). One that’s really powerful and memorable to me is the ending of The Godfather (the first one), it’s just so heartbreaking watching Kay realise Michael lied to her and exactly who he has become.
Thanks for the questions love!
- VHS, DVD or BluRay?
- Cinema or at home on your computer?
- What was the movie that made you fall in love with movies?
- Who is your #1 director crush? (because everyone has more than one)
- If you could have drinks with the cast of one movie which one would it be?
- Quentin Tarantino or Martin Scorsese?
- Favorite B Movie?
- Favorite film from 2007?
- Comfort film(s)?
- A film you love for its aesthetic
- A movie that you hate from a director you love
- Exploitation Films or French New Wave?
- Derek Cianfrance or Steve McQueen?
- A movie that made you uncomfortable and why
- A movie you regret paying for
- Long epics or short indies?
- Cate Blanchett or Kate Winslet?
- Least favorite genre?
- A movie you want everyone to know about
- Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings?
- Describe yourself in three films
- A movie you couldn’t watch with your parents
- Favorite sex scene?
- Do you prefer to watch movies alone, with friends or an audience?
- Nicolas Winding Refn or Lars von Trier?
- A movie that portrays your ideal world
- A movie that makes you nostalgic
- Cannes or the Oscars?
- Favorite country for cinema outside of the UK, U.S. and Canada?
- Favorite movie ending?